Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Loser



I always knew most of today's crop of rappers were stupid, but I never knew how stupid. Recently Akon was discovered to have embellished his criminal record in order to gain "street credibility" from hip hop fans. Fabricating crimes? What a colossal puss. It's no wonder more and more young people are throwing their lives down the crapper, looking up to these rejects.

I read a newspaper article last week that summed it up nicely. It dealt with a mother and father getting arrested for fighting. They were arguing over which gang their two-year-old son was going to get into. That's right! Fighting over whether their son would be a Crip or MS-13 gang member. What a wonderful choice. I can hardly wait to find out how the child decides which way he'll throw his life away.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Every year, according to Andy Rooney, the Pope gives a traditional prayer for peace right around Easter.

Every year, year after year it appears the pope is ignored by god.

I, as well as others have mused, what goes through his head as he gives this prayer -- "Why god? Why not make me look good, just this once ?"